Mittwoch, 29. Dezember 2010

Hands-on: Pinboard is a great Delicious alternative

pinboard
So, Yahoo! went ahead and announced it doesn't like Delicious anymore. This is pretty much the dumbest move I've seen Yahoo! do in recent memory, and Delicious is going to fight for its survival outside of Yahoo!.

I really hope Delicious is going to make it, and I have every reason to believe it will. It's an incredible service, and one of the cornerstones of the Internet. Still, since I rely so heavily on Delicious, as soon as word got out about Yahoo! trying to kill it, I started looking for alternatives.

One of the most-hyped alternatives is called Pinboard, a paid service with an interesting pricing model: you pay a one-time fee determined by the current number of users * $0.001. This means the more users sign on, the more expensive it becomes. When I signed on a couple of days ago, the price was around $7. Now it's $8.65, and will probably keep rising.

Still, it's not a lot of money to pay for a safe home for all of my bookmarks, away from a big company that may make questionable decisions about a service critical to so many users.

But what did I get for my $7? I made a comprehensive gallery that you can see after the jump, and I'm going to walk you through it. Read on for the details!

Continue reading Hands-on: Pinboard is a great Delicious alternative

Hands-on: Pinboard is a great Delicious alternative originally appeared on Download Squad on Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

app gawker gizmodo crunchgear

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen