Dienstag, 28. September 2010

Typing Speed Monitor for Google Chrome keeps tabs on your keyboarding prowess

Filed under: ,

Ever finished firing off a lengthy email and wondered, "Dang, I wish I knew how many WPM that was"? No, me either. But still, as a guy who writes a lot and often gets asked by people how fast I can type I just may give Typing Speed Monitor for Google Chrome a try and see what it tells me.

Install the extension and it takes residence in your browser actions area. As you type, it'll record your speed and monitor how often you press each key. In addition to good ol' QWERTY, Dvorak and Colemak keyboard layouts are also supported. TSM's pop-up heatmap provides detailed stats about your typing including CPM, WPM, total time, and keypresses per key.

No, 61 really isn't that great... But go easy on me, it's six o'clock in the morning and I haven't had any coffee yet.

Maybe I should re-read Jason's post on how to touch type like a keyboarding ninja...

Typing Speed Monitor for Google Chrome keeps tabs on your keyboarding prowess originally appeared on Download Squad on Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

computer playstation mobile kindle

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen